CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sad Day

My Pampered Chef cookie sheet just slid out of the drainer and shattered on the floor. I know in the realm of things it's just a possession and a thing, but man I'm bummed. Anyone who owns anything from Pampered Chef will understand when I say that my pan was black. It was well seasoned from years of use and was the best cookie sheet I have ever used. Even if I get a new one, which I will, it will take years to get it to that perfect state. Without hesitation I can say that it was my favorite cooking item I own, and I own a few. Stupid drainer. I was washing it so that I could use it to make some Armenian bread for our Christmas Eve party. I guess I will have to settle for just a plain old metal cookie sheet now...

3 comments:

Maiken said...

Very sad indeed! I had a former roommate offer to buy my well seasoned cast iron pan. I declined- partly because I hated her, but mostly because it takes years to get it seasoned.

I covet Pampered Chef's stoneware!

Britta said...

Are you talking about the stone? I have one that I've never used. As much as I love my other Pampered Chef stuff, you can have it - don't know why, but I've never had the desire to break it in.

Kari said...

It not just the flat stone, it actually has sides like a cookie sheet, which just means you can use it for more things. I do have a stone that I haven't ever used, just because the cookie sheet always worked. I might have to start using that though temporarily. Thanks for the offer though Britta.