CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Kanab v.2010a

(again for reference - Will: my son, Willie: brother-in-law)


Will has been asking every weekend lately if we are going to go visit NeeNee and uncle Willie. Since this was a long weekend we made the plans to venture down to Kanab. My sister Alex recently moved to Cedar City so we swung by and picked her up for the final leg of the trip.

~ Drove through Colorado City. It was...odd.

~ Bird hit our windshield while driving, scared the crap out of me. I think it might have been trying to escape Colorado City.

~ Got to Kanab. One kiss from Lola for everyone, lots of kisses from Jackie.

~ Meeting the newest family members: One Eye'd Clyde (or pirate kitty) My fav. I mean he's a pirate. And he has an awesome purr. Twice he decided the crook of my back was a good place to sleep. It was like my own little heating pad.

Other new kitty, Two Eyes (I don't remember his name). He was cute and soft, but come on, he's no pirate. Btw - kitties that sleep all day decide that 3 a.m. is a good time to come out and play wrestling tag on top of you.


~ Two days of breakfast at the coffee shop Willie bakes for. Ummmmm...good thing I can't go there everyday.

~ Thrift storing and then a visit to the park. My sister Britta recently went to a record store in NY that has two store kitties, so I was a little surprised when I heard that one of the thrift stores we were going to had feline inhabitants also. This cat was extremely fat. But very good with the kids.

This kitty was brand new, she'd just recently lost other fat kitty. He was not as fond of the kids. Fear not, they tracked him down.

Thrift store find, they finally got a table. Jackie decided to give it a try and approved. His new favorite place to sit.


~ Yummy, yummy vegetarian tortilla soup. So good that the next night when we were at the store picking out stuff for dinner we all looked at each other and said, you know I kind of just want to make more soup. So we did.

~ Tour of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Its kind of a pain now and they make you sign waivers and all so we ended up just doing a mostly driving tour. Still cool to see where Kee works and more of the layout after watching the show Dog Town.

Visitors Center
Main grave yard. I don't know I thought it was cool. There are hundreds of wind chimes for different animals.
Cool natural amphitheater that I see all the time on Dog Town
We were driving past one of the many horse areas and stopped to see Kee's favorite Curly. I got out to take a picture and he was at the end of the fence area. Keeley called to him and when I got out he came walking right over. I asked if I could touch him and she said I probably shouldn't. So he walked over to the fence and just shoved his face into me. Hey, he touched me first! His hair is all curly (hence the name) and it was the coolest/weirdest thing I'd seen on a horse. He looks a little ragged in the picture but he was one of the most beautiful horses I'd ever seen. We were sad when we pulled away and he looked sad too. There was something about him that just drew you in and I hope to see him again some day.

~ Lots of sister girl talk, a Skype call with Britta so that we could have a complete sister chat.

~ Fun times sleeping on a pull out couch. What the hell is with the bars? FYI - I did find out through experimentation that if you sleep with your head at the foot, slide down about 8 inches from the top, curl on your side sort of in the fetal position, you sort of slip in between the two bars. Putting the mattress on the floor is not much more comfortable. Of course neither is sleeping on an air mattress with a slow leak. Are they required to come that way?

~ Will and Lucia had a great time playing with Kanabie friends that seem to just appear when ever you are there. I think Kelly had as much fun as the kids. They spent most of one day making mud soup, crashing cars into it and then rescuing them. Will's dream.

Kelly also helped out with the family band



~ This is what happens when Will has people play with him all day. So far every visit to Kanab, this is the result while waiting for dinner.

~ A dance party followed by shin splits the next morning. No photographic proof was kept.

~ Who says a love seat is for 2? Not when Mario is involved and playing with a doggie


~ Desert snow
~ Will serenading Lola with Jingle Bells. And no, he actually was NOT naked the entire time there. Not sure what that was about.


~ A fun trip. Wish the whole fam could have been there. Sad to go back to reality world...

4 comments:

Sue said...

Glad you had a fun weekend, Kari. There's something so beautiful about Southern Utah. Makes me want to take a road trip.

Maiken said...

It was one of the funnest trips yet. I'm looking forward to more this year.

Britta said...

Thanks for including me for a bit - Tom had to tell me like 5 times that I was being too loud. But that's just what it's like when 5 sisters are together - good, loud, fun. Can't wait to see you all soon!

Britta said...

Oh - and I really want a pirate kitty!