CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Moving Forward

So I've been having a hard time with life lately. Just everything. I finally got to the point today that I googled therapists online and actually found a site that listed more than just where someone went to school to help make a decision.

Found someone that looked good and gave him a call on lunch. He was actually able to adjust some things and get me in today. I was pretty shocked about that, but extremely grateful because I needed it. Its just the first meeting, but I'm actually feeling a bit of hope today. And I'm not sure the last time I felt that.

This isn't really a topic I'm comfortable discussing with people, and don't really want to now. So here's the point. Part of my "homework" is to find something I enjoy doing that I have to commit to doing several times a week. Its pretty sad how hard it was to think of something. So for right now I picked taking photos. Someday I would love to take a class, get a nice camera, but that is not today. So this is not about being a photographer, its just about getting out of the house and doing something I enjoy.

So here is where you all come in. I'm making a commitment. Online. Because I know myself and if I don't I will do it for a week and then stop. So welcome my new feature, Foto Friday. I know its cheesy, it was the only thing I could think of. If you check my blog and its Saturday, and there was no Foto Friday post, I expect harsh comments telling me to get off my ass!

And I'm not having visions that I will overnight become Ansel Adams, so remember this is about doing something, not the quality of the photos :) For now. Just moving forward a bit at a time.

7 comments:

Maiken said...

I fully expect to see a foto today (Friday). I'm glad you're picking up a hobby.

Wade The Rascal said...

I like this post. It's so positive. I like your "foto friday" post, too. And, many of the most fascinating photos I've ever seen were simply taken by people who happened to have a simple camera with them at the right time, and not by professional photographers with expensive cameras. I think you should definitely pursue this.

Andrea said...

I like your foto friday idea. I will definitely be checking back each week to what you've got!

Britta said...

My hobbies definitely keep me sane. I think it's a wonderful idea. Loved the first one!

Ruth said...

I like the idea. I hope the therapist continues to be good...

Maren said...

How did you like going to a therapist? I fantasize about having a therapist. I really think it would help to have someone who doesn't know me, listen and help me figure out what's going on in my head. Was it good, weird, hard?

Kari said...

I really like going. Even though its only been twice. I went to someone about 2 yrs ago and while it helped with stuff that was happening at that time, I didn't feel like I really clicked with his style. I like this guy a lot more for me. And for some reason its a lot easier to talk to a stranger who isn't biased one way or the other. But it is hard also. Hard to look at issues you've had for a long time. But I figure if they haven't gone away on their own by now, they aren't gonna.